Watch a webinar about how—and why—to go smoke-free.
This webinar will walk you through the trend toward smoke-free housing, the benefits of implementing a no-smoking rule, how to do it effectively, and its financial impact on your business. The presentation includes remarks from:
- Ron Oldham, Executive Director of the Pacific Northwest Regional Council of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (PNRC-NAHRO)
- Amanda Clark, Portfolio Manager, Guardian Management
- Ken Stewart, CIG Products, Compliance & Commercial Lines Manager, Capital Insurance Group
Also included in the presentation is key background on secondhand smoke, providing quit support to residents as you go smoke-free, and a question and answer session.
Download "A Practical Guide to Going Smoke-free for Multi-Unit Housing." (wmv, 64,000KB)
You can use the time key below to skip to the section you're looking for:
- Overview and Introductions - 0:00 - 3:45
- Trends in multi-unit housing - 3:45 - 19:25
- Benefits of going smoke-free - 19:25 - 28:48
- CIG's story: mitigating fire risk - 28:48 - 38:38
- Secondhand smoke - 38:38 - 45:22
- Q & A - 45:22 - 59:50
- "A Practical Guide to Going Smoke-free for Multi-Unit Housing" — Webinar PowerPoint slides
- "A Practical Guide to Going Smoke-free for Multi-Unit Housing" — Podcast
Last Updated: 08/15/12
This Web site contains information on the revised Clean Indoor Air Act (RCW 70.160). It is not legal advice. This information cannot be considered as a substitute for legal advice from and representation by a qualified attorney.
Reference in this Web site to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, or company does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by the Department of Health (DOH). Links to external Web sites are provided because they may contain relevant information and resources. These external Web sites are not maintained by DOH and the Department takes no responsibility for the views that may be represented, or the accuracy, propriety, or legality of any material contained on the sites. Read More...