Welcome to the Interactive Guide to Smoke-free Housing.
Whether you are a property manager, owner, tenant or condo owner, the interactive smoke-free guide will help you:
- Understand how going smoke-free saves time, money and protects the health of residents.
- Learn the rights of property managers and residents.
- Communicate the benefits of going smoke-free.
- Create and implement no-smoking rules in multi-unit housing.
To launch the guide, click here.
You can also download tools and resources available in the guide by visiting the downloadable resources page.
This interactive guide will take five to ten minutes. You can also explore longer and return to the guide at any time. Your computer will need to have the following:
- Flash Player 9.0 or later (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash)
- Internet Explorer 7 and later, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome
- Audio capability (for the introduction only)
ADA accessible version available here.
Last Updated: 05/24/13
This Web site contains information on the revised Clean Indoor Air Act (RCW 70.160). It is not legal advice. This information cannot be considered as a substitute for legal advice from and representation by a qualified attorney.
Reference in this Web site to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, or company does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by the Department of Health (DOH). Links to external Web sites are provided because they may contain relevant information and resources. These external Web sites are not maintained by DOH and the Department takes no responsibility for the views that may be represented, or the accuracy, propriety, or legality of any material contained on the sites. Read More...